Stress reduction courses
Dates and venues for upcoming courses are here.
The courses are highly participatory, supportive, and structured and will provide you with:
- guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- gentle mindful stretches and mindful walking
- an enquiry process to deepen individual and group understanding to support in `bringing us home` to being more present in our lives
- enhanced awareness of everyday life. Being alive – living rather than surviving or `waiting`.
- Less reactivity – building a greater ability to respond to life’s demands and difficulties with skill, wisdom and self kindness
The programme is challenging and life affirming requiring a high level of ongoing commitment to yourself and the home practice. Home practice is a a major part of the course and will involve guided Mindfulness practices of about 45 minutes a day. All materials needed will be provided including mindfulness practice CDs and a handbook.
The teachers of the courses are experienced and skilled, creating a safe, trustworthy and deeply engaging experiential learning environment to enable you to increase self understanding and compassion and support the integration of mindfulness into your everyday life.
Outline of Mindfulness based Stress Reduction course:
Class 1: Introducing mindfulness.
Class 2: Exploring perception & creative responding.
Class 3: The power and pleasure of being present, coming home to the body.
Class 4: Exploring stress and the difficult
Class 5: Responding to stress & the challenges of our lives with acceptance, allowing & letting be.
Class 6: Mindfulness in relationships: Exploring patterns of communication & interpersonal Mindfulness.
Class 7: Mindfulness & the wider world, lifestyle choices & taking care.
Class 8: Keeping Mindfulness practice alive.
As part of the 8 week MBSR course participants are invited to join a Silent practice day. More details about the day will be offered during orientation calls and during classes.
Costs of courses
Our detailed here